Friday, August 30, 2013

Farid-ul-Haq




Pen Name: A.J. Raven

Location: Lahore, Pakistan


Age: 22 years old


Question:  How long have you been writing?

I have been writing for a long time.  I completed my first novel at the age of 12.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

The first book I published is named ‘Somerville Mysteries-The Missing’. Published on 20th May 2013.

Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

It was published by ‘Beau to Beau Publishing’.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

Somerville Mysteries – The Missing’ is about a high school boy, Jerry, who tries to write something new for the school newspaper. This leads him and his friends in a race to uncover the mystery of a wealthy, missing woman. Some say she was murdered by her husband, others say she ran off with her ex-boyfriend. Jerry soon realizes he will have to use all he has in order to come out alive and uncover the truth. Not only that, he also has to come in terms with his own sexuality after sharing a kiss with his neighbor Kevin.

I always wanted to write about a strong teenager whose sexuality is just a part of who he is. I also like the idea of a hero who isn’t “all good”. Jerry is a teenager, which means that he has a lot to learn when it comes to tackling dangerous grownups and high school drama. All these things that I wanted to read about, led me to write ‘Somerville Mysteries-The Missing’. 

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

Of Course! ‘Somerville Mysteries – The Missing’ is available from almost all eBook sellers like;



Question:  How many total books have you published?

Currently I have four books published, and more are on their way.

Question:  List all of your titles;





Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.
Have written book 4 “Colville – The Moon” and it’s included in “Arousing the Legacy”. I plan to write book 2 in the “Somerville Mysteries” next. I don’t know about the date yet. I try to find time when I can, to write, as I have to handle my M.Phil in Bio-technology classes as well. The life of a student…sigh!

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

The book I am currently working on is Book 2 in the “Somerville Mysteries” series (Mystery/YA). I haven’t decided on the title yet. The main character, Jerry, and his friends will be faced with another mystery to solve. And Jerry will have to answer questions about his sexuality as well.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?

One of the things that readers will enjoy is the way I portray the supernatural beings in the “Colville” series. The vampires, werewolves and other creatures that appear are different and more brutal. Anya, the female protagonist, is a teenager and is very relatable. She has a lot to learn, especially about the ‘secret’ attached to her bloodline. Readers who like an exciting YA/Mystery/Paranormal series will surely enjoy.


“Somerville Mysteries” is for anyone who would like to read about a strong bi-sexual high school teenager who will have to use all his abilities to solve a case, and make sure that he and his friends come out alive. This series is for anyone who’s into Mystery and YA.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers?

I’m open to sharing all of my books. So, if anyone is interested then he or she can read them for free as well. All you need to do is contact me.  I appreciate anyone who’s interested in reading my work and I hope to continue entertaining my readers.

You can connect with me at:




Blog Writer's Note to Author:  I have to say I was amazed with the fact that only on the Internet that you can interview someone from so far away.  The Internet continues to amaze me.  You seem like a highly, dedicated young man in your educational pursuits, as well as in your writing.  I can tell that your writing is your passion just by the description of the stories you have written.  I hope the readers of this interview will give your books a try.  I think it's great that you are willing to let them read any of your books for free.  Good Luck in the future with your writing and career goals, and thank you for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment